After long amount of searching and usually finding available .htaccess files that do not work, I have finally assembled the best .htaccess for codeigniter. This file serves 4 very important needs:
- Access to important folders: I need to access my images, css, js folders. One line of code on the .htaccess fixes that problem easily.
- Adding www. to non www. URL's: Another important SEO problem is distinguishing between a URL that has www. at the beginning and one that does not. Search Engines find these as two different links and this could cause SEO problems. With our .htaccess we have resolved that problem.
- Removal of trailing backslash: Anyone who tries the slightest to make their website more SEO friendly than others has at some point reached this pesky problem of trailing backslashes. Our code fixes the problem with a simple 301 redirect to the no backslash version.
- IP Canonicalization: Google by default will see your IP address as a second website and in this case will consider a duplicate of your domain. To fix that you must do a 301 redirect from the IP to the actual domain name.
- Removal of the index.php file: With our .htaccess you can easily have the index.php removed from the end of your domain. Just rememebr to delete the index.php in the config.php as well.
Read below to get access to the file.
For the past few months the World Expo2020 has been a huge discussion of talk in Dubai. In the final few days I have been monitoring the hashtag #Expo2020 and noticed categoriezed group of people talking about the Expo, below I want to go in detail on each one.
I have been wanting to change the blog layout for years but there was always something that got in the way. Finally I decided to put the effort and make the change.
In this blog I will be focusing on three different topics:
- Coding and Development: I will be putting up tutorials and examples on different challenging projects that took us as Edoramedia quite some time to approach. These libraries could help out othes who are facing the same exact problems or those who are just trying to learn more. Most of the codes will be on the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP) infrastructure and perhaps using the Code Igniter framework.
- Personal Thoughts: I will be using this area to write what I have in mind on random topics, most of these will be items that do not fit on twitter and require more elaboration.
- News & Entertainment: I may do some writeups on different trending topics and give my personal feedback on them. Finally don't expect a boring blog, You will be seeing a lot of strange, short, and goofy posts on clippings I find mostly on Social Media.
Obviously this layout is made with HTML5 and therefore fully responsive and visible on all types of platforms.