I have always had a phobia of animlas, hard as I try, I can not remember why? Was it something in my childhood or just nature, but ever since we got Leo (almost 2 years ago) I started appreciatign animals much more. He really changed my whole perspective on the world and I have tend to become more sensetive on matters related to animals.
Anyways all the above was an introduction to me laughing out loud at this image:
Recenly I have been reading a lot of negative articles about facebook and the fact that they are no longer the "cool" thing and how the growth has stopped, teenagers don't use facebook anymore, how it will die in the year 20XX, etc.
My personal take is that it can not die and it never will, yes! I agree that it has become a burdon rather than a fun network to follow people and snoop in on their personal lives, we use it based on habit and a bit of curiousity but our activity has decreased dramatically, we don't post status messages every few minutes and check back to see the number of likes and comments it receives, we keep that for instagram and snapchat now.
Take a look at this picture:
Sometimes when creating websites in Arabic or Farsi we are forced to accept slugs* that are non-Latin, These links usually look nice on the address bar but that is the only place they look good. Once we copy paste that URL and pass it on to others each character turns into a strange ASCII unit.
Now that can also be acceptable if we were not going to use the slug, but in cases where we use that slug as an identifier for the article, news, or whatever it is associated with, then we have a problem. The problem is that our database has saved the slug in it's non-Latin form while when storing the slug as a variable it dispaly incorrectly.
This is where two lines of code comes in handy.
After long amount of searching and usually finding available .htaccess files that do not work, I have finally assembled the best .htaccess for codeigniter. This file serves 4 very important needs:
- Access to important folders: I need to access my images, css, js folders. One line of code on the .htaccess fixes that problem easily.
- Adding www. to non www. URL's: Another important SEO problem is distinguishing between a URL that has www. at the beginning and one that does not. Search Engines find these as two different links and this could cause SEO problems. With our .htaccess we have resolved that problem.
- Removal of trailing backslash: Anyone who tries the slightest to make their website more SEO friendly than others has at some point reached this pesky problem of trailing backslashes. Our code fixes the problem with a simple 301 redirect to the no backslash version.
- IP Canonicalization: Google by default will see your IP address as a second website and in this case will consider a duplicate of your domain. To fix that you must do a 301 redirect from the IP to the actual domain name.
- Removal of the index.php file: With our .htaccess you can easily have the index.php removed from the end of your domain. Just rememebr to delete the index.php in the config.php as well.
Read below to get access to the file.
For the past few months the World Expo2020 has been a huge discussion of talk in Dubai. In the final few days I have been monitoring the hashtag #Expo2020 and noticed categoriezed group of people talking about the Expo, below I want to go in detail on each one.